Survey of evangelical Christians’ views on mental illness: http://blog.lifeway.com/newsroom/2013/09/17/half-of-evangelicals-believe-prayer-can-heal-mental-illness/
Tim’s goals for TKWANA non-profit:
- Encourage – through writing, podcasting and speaking.
- Educate – through writing, podcasting, and speaking.
- Connect (this is the big, audacious goal that might take the rest of my life) – develop an AA-like model for people with mental illnesses to meet in small groups for the purpose of knowing they are not alone and having peers who help them take the necessary steps forward.
Tips for telling someone you’re mentally ill:
- Pick a “sure thing”, someone you’re as safe as possible with. If you don’t have such a person, email Tim or talk to a therapist at the very least.
- Proceed with caution; go slowly!
- Point out specific behaviors or events that will illustrate to your loved one(s) how this illness affects you.